PROPELLER REPAIR PROCEDURE
SHIP NAME : STAVROULA
PLACE: VIETNAM SHIP YARD
This Procedure describes the repair method of the Propeller repair blades for damage parts.
- SUBJECT: Repair for Propeller Damage.
- Diameter : mm
- Pitch : Mean mm Max mm
- of Blade : Blades
- Weight : kg
- Base Material : NOVOSTON, Copper Manganese Aluminium.
*Note: nominal Composition of NOVOSTON
- REPAIR of DAMAGE a. New Tip material
- To be made new piece and approved by Classification. *Note: given to over size for Pitch adjust after Welding.
- Material : Mn-AI Bronze(Cu-4)
*Note: in accordance with Class Rule
- Working Sequence
- The Propeller shall be transported in workshop.
- To be checked pitch measurement before work, according to drawing & I.S.O Rule.
- Preparation(Fit—up for Welding)
- Typical JointRemoval of Defects
- The damage areas shall be removed by grinding.
- The joints shall be inspected by P.T(Dye check) for confirmation of defect free.
- To be cleaned thoroughly after the inspection the P.T areas.
- Preheating shall be done by Propane gas torch slowly & checked Or Induction coil (electric heating Element).
- Min’ Temp’: 1 00°C ■Max’ Temp’: 250°C
- The temperature shall be maintained during welding.
1) Process : In use GTAW + GMAW
2) Welding electrode ____________________________________________
* Note : AWS SPEC’ A5.7
Welding Wire Ampco Trode 46
- The groove surface should be Root pass welding with TIG Welding.
- The Root pass welding areas shall be inspected by P.T(Dye check) for confirmation of any defect.
- To be cleaned thoroughly after inspection the P.T areas.
- Remaining layers are to be Fill welded with MIG or TIG welding.
- Welding Sequence shall be controlled.
- The P.T inspected shall be done during welding layers for confirmation of any defect.
- The propeller Turning when completed one side welding for The other side welding.
- To be back chipped from The other side.
- To be P.T inspected after back chipped.
- Same as welding (3)~(6) for The other side.
- Post welding heat Treatment
- On completion welding, whole weld seam plus 300mm min’, shall be stress relieving heat treated by Induction coil (Electric heating Element).
- -Holding Temperature : 450~600°C ■Holding Time : one hour per 25mm Thickness.
- Cooling rate down to 300°C : 100°C/hour max’.
- The temperature and time chart shall be recorded.
- Surface Finish & Pitch
- On completion welding & heat treatment, The propeller blades shall be grinding & Pitch adjustment in accordance with I.S.O 484/1 -1981 (E) Rule.
- To be super polishing on the propeller blade surface after Pitch adjustment in with I.S.O/R 484 Rule for propeller repair.
- Super polishing Grade is I.S.O/R 484 Class S or Class I .
- The propeller blades shall be inspected by P.T for confirmation of defect free.
- Static Balancing
Onece completion propeller blades repair, shall be Balancing Test in accordance with I.S.O 484/1 1981 Rule.
Reference Propeller Repair picture:
- In our workshop we are able to overhaul all kind of machinery such as pumps, winches, crane bolts, hatch cover wheels, etc. within house facilities, materials on stock and experienced technicians for prompt fabrication of damaged spare parts.
Our engineers can also work on board for alignments works, changing bearings of generator, fan casings, engine works etc.
- We perform main engine and auxiliary engine overhauling services as well as troubleshooting 24/7 for your good vesse at all main port and ship yard in Viet Nam. Relying on our expertise we are open to work with all the main manufactures upon the request of the client.
We also supply various kind of spare part, including genuise spare part, OEM spare part
With years of expericenced marine and ship repair service, Hai Ha M&S will bring you the best service and best price with highest quality and 24/7 available. Our services:
- Ship Repairs in all main ports/anchorages of Vietnam.
- Voyage repairs.
- Electrical/Electronic trouble shooting in Vietnam
- Rewinding Electric motor, generator in Vietnam
- Industrial maintenance and repairs.
- Technical assistance for new bulding vessel, dry-docking vessel in Vietnam.
- Under water service: Under water Hull cleaning, Under water inspection (UWC/UWI), under water welding in Vietnam
- Material/Spare parts Supply in Vietnam
- Steel work, piping, work shop fabrication in Vietnam.
- Man power supply , weder qualification test, weding procedure specification qualification etc…
HAI HA MARINE & SHIP REPAIR SERVICE Co.Ltd
Office: 44/82 – Vu Chi Thang Str, Hai Phong city – Viet Nam
Hotline 1 : +84 388-441-654
Hotline 2 : +84 886-441-654
Please fill free to contact us as following address for any kind of marine and repairs service for your good vessel in Vietnam.