MAIN ENGINE OVERHAULING IN VIETNAM
The ship’s main engine is the heart of the ship; and it needs maintenance too for smooth operation. With all major loading and discharge schedules made in advance; any critical damage leads to a huge loss of money and time.With the main engine accounting, more than 30% of the total machinery cost in the engine room. It becomes more important to keep it in shape from a monetary point of view; rather than satisfying ISM, IMO, flag, and port state regulations. Onboard ship, it is one of the works of the duty engineer; to perform inspection and maintenance of the main engine.
But against our common belief to overhaul complete unit or engine at a time; main engine parts and working parameters of different units are replaced and inspected based on their running time. They can be from daily inspection to the one needed after 8000 hours of operation.Before we proceed and look into these inspection, checks, and maintenance work. I would like you to revise the basic concept of an engine like the key parts of the marine diesel engine and its function.
- Daily Checks And Inspection Carried On Ships Main Engine
- Checks Carried Out On Engine After 250 Hrs Of Operation
- Checks & Inspection Carried Out After 1000 Hrs Of Operation
- Checks Done After 2000 Hours Of Ships Engine Operation
- Maintenance And Overhaul At 4000 Hours Of Operation
- Maintenance Done At 8000 Hours of Ships Main Engine Operation
The engine room is the most important compartment of a commercial vessel. As the term states, it accommodates the main propulsion engine as well the auxiliary engines for electrical power generation. HAI HA M&S has long experience in overhauling main and auxiliary engines on board commercial vessels. Our technical personnel are highly skilled and capable of overhauling any kind of two or four stroke diesel engines. Major tasks include the following works:
- Piston overhauling
- Cylinder cover overhauling
- Liner overhauling Stuffing box overhauling (2 stroke engines)
- Exhaust valve cage overhauling
- Fuel pumps overhauling-adjustment
- Fuel valves overhauling Main and connecting rod bearings overhauling
- Crankshaft and camshaft inspections
- Cross head bearings overhauling
- Sea trials
All the above works are very important for the sustainability of main and auxiliary engines, but also need to be carried out at the shortest time possible. The shortest the shutdown will be, the minimum the financial impact will be. Our customers benefit from obtaining fast, tailored and of high quality solutions to their critical, unexpected breakdowns as well as from the in-house developed services that prolong their critical components lifetime.
Our customers include shipping companies that operate all kinds of vessels and all types of engines amongst which are MANB&W, SULZER, WARTSILA, MITSUBISHI, YANMAR, DAIHATSU, PIELSTICK, RUSTON, MaK and many more. Our prompt respond and quality of our works has placed us in the leading position of the industry. Our modern mechanical workshop can support these operations by means of repairing or manufacturing defective components when needed, thus offering 100% backup when ashore operations are necessary.
Our primary goal in services is to ensure the fastest and best quality of repairs so as not to compromise the operation of the vessel. From a company of only a few men steadily grows to its present scale with more than 30 dedicated craftsmen. From a very well equipped workshop and our dedicated workforce, trucks, portable welding machines, diving equipment, auxiliary equipment and 24/7 availability, we can provide for you the following services.
- Mission: To provide the highest quality across our full range of product sourcing and services, tailored towards total customer satisfaction and in line with the best business practices and global environmental safety standards for better service from enquiry to delivery with experienced staff and logistic support all over the globe.
- Vision: A global leader in marine and ship repair , providing unequalled quality and professional service with the best interest and satisfaction of the client as our core values at all times
In field of Marine Main Engine Overhauling – Hai Ha M&S will bring you the best service and best price with highest quality and 24/7 available . Our services:
- Ship repair in Vietnam.
- Voyage repairs.
- Electrical/Electronic trouble shooting in Vietnam
- Rewinding Electric motor, generator in Vietnam
- Industrial maintenance and repairs.
- Technical assistance for new bulding vessel, dry-docking vessel in Vietnam.
- Under water service: Under water Hull cleaning, Under water inspection (UWC/UWI), under water welding in Vietnam
- Material/Spare parts Supply in Vietnam
- Steel work, piping, work shop fabrication in Vietnam.
- Man power supply , weder qualification test, weding procedure specification qualification etc…
HAI HA MARINE & SHIP REPAIR SERVICE Co.Ltd
Office: 44/82 – Vu Chi Thang Str, Hai Phong city – Viet Nam
Hotline 1 : +84 388-441-654
Hotline 2 : +84 886-441-654
Please fill free to contact us as following address for any kind of marine and repairs service for your good vessel in Vietnam.