The valve is a device that controls and regulates the flow of gases, liquids, fluidized solids or slurries by opening, closing, or partially obstructing various passageways. Although valves are technically pipe fittings, they are also referred to in a different category. In an open valve, fluid flows in a direction from high pressure to low pressure.
Valves are used in different contexts. For example: industrial, government, military, petroleum, commercial, marine and transport.Valves may be operated manually. Hand wheel, lever or pedal. Valves may also be automatic, driven by changes in pressure, temperature, or flow. The changes may act upon a diaphragm or a piston which in turn activates the valve, examples of this type of valve found commonly are safety valves fitted to hot water systems or boilers.
More complex control type systems using valves requiring automatic control based on an external input (i.e., regulating flow through a pipe to a changing set point) require an actuator. An actuator will stroke the valve depending on its input and set-up, allowing the valve to be positioned accurately, and allowing control over a variety of requirements.
Overhaul – Examples of the scope of work would include:
- Visual inspection for corrosion and damage of all external and internal surfaces
- Undertake a pressure test to determine if lifting / operating correctly
- Strip down valve taking measurements if appropriate of “as found setting”
- Refurbishment of internal parts to ensure correct operation
- Replacement of any damaged or suspect parts
- Minimal amount of lapping to return sealing faces / plug to true
- Re-build to appropriate standards utilising new packing / gaskets as required
- Pressure test / Bubble test / Seat leakage test
Valves are a key component to the efficient operation of most industrial processes. They provide a safe operating environment plus provide safety protection in an emergency. Valves are expected to perform instantly and perfectly every time they are needed. It follows that a worn, faulty or leaking valve could result costing far more than the price of its own, new replacement.
Benefits of regular valve overhauls and repairs:
- 90% of valves consigned to the ‘graveyard’ or non repairable can be repaired economically;
- Savings in excess of 60% can be achieved compared to the cost of new valves;
- Reconditioned valves can eliminate or significantly reduce modifications to expensive pipe work;
- Delivery is possible very quickly often in days, rather than weeks;
- Valuable time and reduced cost can be saved during plant shutdown and maintenance
Our expertise in valve overhauls and repairs can help ensure that your valves and equipment run safely and cost-effectively. Financial pressures in the market have made it essential to maximise the service life of your equipment. No two installations are ever the same and the work we carry out will always depend on the age and condition of the equipment, the service conditions and the reason for the overhaul, to name just a few.
- In our workshop we are able to overhaul all kind of machinery such as pumps, winches, crane bolts, hatch cover wheels, etc. within house facilities, materials on stock and experienced technicians for prompt fabrication of damaged spare parts.
Our engineers can also work on board for alignments works, changing bearings of generator, fan casings, engine works etc.
- We perform main engine and auxiliary engine overhauling services as well as troubleshooting 24/7 for your good vesse at all main port and ship yard in Viet Nam. Relying on our expertise we are open to work with all the main manufactures upon the request of the client.
We also supply various kind of spare part, including genuise spare part, OEM spare part
With Hatch Cover Hydraulic Cylinder Overhaul, Hai Ha M&S will bring you the best service and best price with highest quality and 24/7 available. Our services:
- Ship Repair in all main ports/anchorages of Vietnam.
- Voyage repairs.
- Electrical/Electronic trouble shooting in Vietnam
- Rewinding Electric motor, generator in Vietnam
- Industrial maintenance and repairs.
- Technical assistance for new bulding vessel, dry-docking vessel in Vietnam.
- Under water service: Under water Hull cleaning, Under water inspection (UWC/UWI), under water welding in Vietnam
- Material/Spare parts Supply in Vietnam
- Steel work, piping, work shop fabrication in Vietnam.
- Man power supply , weder qualification test, weding procedure specification qualification etc…
HAI HA MARINE & SHIP REPAIR SERVICE Co.Ltd
Office: 44/82 – Vu Chi Thang Str, Hai Phong city – Viet Nam
Hotline 1 : +84 388-441-654
Hotline 2 : +84 886-441-654
Please fill free to contact us as following address for any kind of marine and repairs service for your good vessel in Vietnam.